The Sitka Food Co-op will host its second annual membership meeting at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 22, at Harrigan Centennial Hall. The meeting should last until about 11:30 a.m. and is open to all Sitka residents, regardless of co-op membership.
This meeting will give members and prospective members a chance to learn what the co-op is doing, where its going and how it plans to get there. There also will be elections for the board of directors (three seats are open, must be a co-op member to run), amendments to the by-laws, and there will be several new and important committees created. Co-op officers encourage people to attend and take part in building the co-op to the next level.
The Sitka Food Co-op was incorporated on Sept. 26, 2011, as a way to bring good food and community together. The purposes of the Sitka Food Co-op are to:
- Create a community-based, member-owned buying service;
- Make available wholesome natural and organic foods and products as inexpensively as possible;
- Support and encourage local growing of fresh organic foods;
- Purchase and purvey, whenever feasible, the goods or services of local and regional growers and producers; and
- Serve as a center for activities and services which otherwise enrich the life of the community.
Please note that the Sitka Food Co-op is a separate organization than the Sitka Local Foods Network, even though we share some of the same goals.
To learn more about the Sitka Food Co-op and its annual meeting, email email@example.com or go to http://sitkafoodcoop.org/.
You must be logged in to post a comment.