The Sitka Local Foods Network elected officers and welcomed three new board members at its monthly board meeting on Jan. 12.
President Lisa Sadleir-Hart and treasurer Maybelle Filler retained their elected offices, while Matthew “Jackson” Jackson was elected vice president and Alli Gabbert was elected secretary. Charles Bingham remains communications director.
In addition, Alli Gabbert, Jennifer Carter and Brandie Cheatham officially became board members in January (at our annual board retreat on Jan. 10). They were selected to join the board in December, but weren’t able to vote until January.
The 2015 board members are (terms end in December):
- Lisa Sadleir-Hart, president, board term ends 2015
- Matthew Jackson, vice president, board term ends 2016
- Alli Gabbert, secretary, board term ends 2015
- Maybelle Filler, treasurer, board term ends 2015
- Charles Bingham, communications director, board term ends 2017
- Jennifer Carter, board term ends 2017
- Michelle Putz, board term ends 2016
- Beth Kindig, board term ends 2016
- Brandie Cheatham, board term ends 2017
The Sitka Local Foods Network meets from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on the second Monday of each month, with a 30-minute budget meeting at 6 p.m., at the See House behind St. Peter’s By The Sea Episcopal Church (usually in the upstairs classroom). However, in February we will meet on the third Monday (Feb. 16) to avoid a couple of board member conflicts.
Our board usually doesn’t meet during the summer (June, July, August), when the Sitka Farmers Market is in session and most people are gardening or fishing. Meeting times are subject to change so watch the website calendar for schedule updates. Meetings are open to the public, and new volunteers are welcome. We usually select new board members in December and elect officers in January.