The Sitka Local Foods Network welcomes new volunteers, and we have a variety of projects where help is needed. Here are ways to volunteer (note, these are just a few examples and there are more ways to help):
- Help teach a gardening class
- Work in St. Peter’s Fellowship Farm communal garden
- Help with the set up and tear down of the Sitka Farmers Market
- Share info about our upcoming events by posting fliers or sharing on social media
- Donate to our fundraising campaigns, including Pick.Click.Give.
- Grow extra veggies in your home garden to donate to our SLFN booth to sell at the Sitka Farmers Market
- And more.
If you’re interested in helping out with one of our projects, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you’d like to help.