Registration for the 2016 Sitka Farmers Markets is open, and vendors looking to sell local food, arts and crafts, and other items at the markets can find all the vendor forms, information sheets, rules and regulations for this year by going to the Documents page on this site, or look at the bottom of this post for the documents. The forms include information about how to register your table for this year’s markets.
The 2016 Sitka Farmers Market manager will be hired soon, and he/she can be reached at email@example.com or 738-8683 during the market season. The tentative dates for our 2016 Sitka Farmers Markets will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on seven Saturdays — July 2, July 16, July 30, Aug. 13, Aug. 20, Sept. 3, and Sept. 10 — at the Alaska Native Brotherhood Founders Hall at 235 Katlian Street.
The Sitka Local Foods Network already held two pre-market meetings to discuss market changes for potential vendors, and we may hold additional meetings as we get closer to the market season. Most of the info about changes is in the 2016 Vendor Rules and Responsibilities document. This document also includes information about commercial kitchens in Sitka and other helpful hints to make your booth more successful, plus it has your registration form for this year.
Sitka Local Foods Network board liaison Matthew Jackson is available to answer questions and to make suggestions that will help new and returning vendors adjust to any food regulation changes from the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation, updates to the Alaska Quest electronic benefits program, etc.
There are several changes to the 2016 rules and responsibilities, so please read them carefully. For more information, contact Sitka Farmers Market board liaison Matthew Jackson at (907) 821-1412 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can email the Sitka Local Foods Network Board of Directors at email@example.com.
Sitka Farmers Market vendor forms
• 2016 Vendor Rules and Responsibilities (with Registration Form, updated March 30, 2016)
• Link to 2015 Farmers Market Resource Fact Sheets from Alaska Division of Agriculture
• 2015 City and Borough of Sitka Sales Tax Form for Sitka Farmers Market Vendors
• Cottage Food Fact Sheet — “Understanding Alaska’s Cottage Food Exemptions”
• Washington Farmers Market Vendor Marketing Guide (March 2014)
• Guide to Operating a Successful Home-Based Food Business (March 2014 document from UAF Cooperative Extension Service and Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation includes Alaska food safety information and regulations for farmers markets and other food sales)
You must be logged in to post a comment.