The Sitka Spruce Tips 4H club will host its inaugural 4H Fair at the Sitka Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 30, at the Alaska Native Brotherhood Founders Hall (235 Katlian Street).
The Sitka Spruce Tips 4H club is co-sponsored by the University of Alaska Fairbanks Cooperative Extension Service and the Sitka Conservation Society. It provides a variety of programming promoting the Alaska Way of Life for youth and their families.
According to event organizer Jasmine Shaw of the UAF Cooperative Extension Service Sitka District Office, the 4H members are going to be submitting projects in six different divisions:
- Division 1 — Food Preservation (jams, jellies, preserves, canned goods, smoked fish, jerky)
- Division 2 — Baked Goods (pies, cakes, cookies, donuts/frybread, breads)
- Division 3 — Produce (fruits and vegetables) and Flowers
- Division 4 — Arts and Crafts (knitting, basketry, natural products, recycled crafts, woodworking, sewing)
- Division 5 — Art (photography, drawings, paintings)
- Division 6 — Presentations (posters, reports, displays)