The Rural Alaska Community Action Program, Inc. (RurAL CAP), is hosting the GROW (Growing Rural Opportunities for Wellness) Program: Conversations About Gardening in Rural Alaska with a series of lunch-and-learns at noon on alternate Tuesdays from Jan. 18 through May 10 using Zoom.
Join a panel of experienced gardeners to listen, learn, and ask questions about growing your own food. Our focus will be issues faced by rural gardeners, but we welcome one and all.
This free, virtual series is brought to you in partnership with RurAL CAP and the UAF Cooperative Extension Service.
- Jan. 18 — Building Soil on the Cheap
- Feb. 1 — Coordinating a Community Garden
- Feb. 15 — Composting in Rural Alaska
- March 1 — How to Apply for High Tunnel Funding
- March 15 — Hosting a Seed-Starting Workshop for your Community
- March 29 — Incorporating a Community Garden into Your Food Pantry
- April 12 — Forming a Food Security Task Force
- April 26 — Pro-tips for Running a Greenhouse
- May 10 — Responsible Foraging
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This project was made possible by funding provided by a Community Service Block Grant awarded to Rural Alaska Community Action Program, Inc., through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.
Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made five business days in advance to Gina Dionne at email@example.com or 907-786-6313.
You must be logged in to post a comment.