The Rural Alaska Community Action Program, Inc. (RurAL CAP), is hosting the GROW (Growing Rural Opportunities for Wellness) Program: Conversations About Gardening in Rural Alaska with a series of lunch-and-learns at noon on alternate Tuesdays from Jan. 18 through May 10 using Zoom.
Join a panel of experienced gardeners to listen, learn, and ask questions about growing your own food. Our focus will be issues faced by rural gardeners, but we welcome one and all.
- Jan. 18 — Building Soil on the Cheap
- Feb. 1 — Coordinating a Community Garden
- Feb. 15 — Composting in Rural Alaska
- March 1 — How to Apply for High Tunnel Funding
- March 15 — Hosting a Seed-Starting Workshop for your Community
- March 29 — Incorporating a Community Garden into Your Food Pantry
- April 12 — Forming a Food Security Task Force
- April 26 — Pro-tips for Running a Greenhouse
- May 10 — Responsible Foraging
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This project was made possible by funding provided by a Community Service Block Grant awarded to Rural Alaska Community Action Program, Inc., through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.
Accommodation requests related to a disability should be made five business days in advance to Gina Dionne at email@example.com or 907-786-6313.