Food is not just about what we eat. It’s also about where it comes from and the connections it creates between people and places along the way.
Join us on a journey to explore and transform Southeast Alaska’s food system by being part of the 2020 Local Foods Challenge. This event is hosted by the Sustainable Southeast Partnership, in collaboration with the Southeast Alaska Watershed Coalition.
As a participant in this Challenge, you will join others in reshaping and fostering resilience within our local and regional food systems while increasing community wellness for both the short and long-term. We ask you to deepen your involvement in the local food system by cultivating and elevating your personal knowledge, skills, and connection to the local food system within your community.
Here’s how it works:
- When you sign up, you’ll take a survey to assess your involvement in 10 distinct categories of the local food system.
- Your challenge from May to September is to deepen your connection to the local food system by increasing your level of engagement for each category.
- The more levels you go, the more resilient our food system will be in September and beyond.
- At the end of the challenge, we will tally the progress of all of the challengers to discover how much we collectively shifted our food system’s resilience.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion and a digital guide with tips for how to stay involved in the local food system all year long.
The Local Foods Challenge is about building a community of Southeast Alaskans who care about local foods. We will share knowledge, resources, place-based advice, and best practices across our unique region.
Together we will forge a resilient, prosperous, and healthy Southeast Alaska. Click this link to sign up for the Challenge.